I've been a bit quiet on the blog this week as it's just been really busy, but at the same time nothing really blog worthy has happened. I've spent the majority of my time fighting off a cold whilst trying to appease a very grumpy teething toddler and trying to sort out everything for my knitting lessons. I'm a pretty tired Mama at the moment if I'm honest. All of this has meant that I have been having some serious cake cravings lately......sometimes only cake will do!
As you all know I have been trying to cut dairy out of my diet as much as possible to help with my PCOS, and as a result I have been experimenting with Vegan cake recipes to try and find make one that tastes as good as non-vegan cake. And I'm feeling quite chuffed with myself as I think this Lemon Cake recipe that I threw together really is the best vegan cake I've tasted! It's 100% vegan, 100% easy and 100% delicious! If you fancy a low fat cake option you can't go wrong with this lemon cake, it really is worth a try!
Vegan Lemon Drizzle Cake:
275g Self-Raising Flour
200g Golden Caster Sugar
1 tbsp Baking Poweder
zest & juice of 2 lemons
100ml Sunflower Oil
150g Icing sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160℃/ Gasmark 5
2. Put the flour, baking powder, sugar and Lemon zest in a bowl & mix well.
3. Mix the water & Oil together in a jug, and then slowly add to the dry mixture, stirring the mixture well until fully combined.
4. Place into a lined loaf tin & Bake for 30 minutes, until golden & cooked in the centre.
6. Mix the icing sugar & lemon juice together well & pour over the top of the cake while it is still hot. Leave the cake in the tin to cool.
7. After about 20 minutes take the cake out of the tin to finish cooling. Then eat it when ever you're ready!